10 Ways to Know You’re In the 21st Century
This post was spontaneously invoked by my children. Sit back, relax, and be regaled by my awesomeness.
1) Your first assumption when someone is talking to themselves is not that they are crazy, but rather that they are wearing a wireless headset for their cellphone.
2) You know the acronyms OMG, LOL, and ROFL, yet you don’t know what R.S.V.P. stands for.
3) You can remember the passwords to all your blogs, emails, and social networking sites but you don’t remember where Yugoslavia is located on a map.
4) You gave up actual vocal conversation years ago, and now only communicate with other humans through text.
5) You spend more time on the internet than sleeping and eating combined.
6) The last time you bought a gift in an actual store was the first day you had your internet service turned on.
7) Your 1.5 year old isn’t yet potty trained, but has no problem loading and playing a DVD on the XBOX. (Personal experience)
8) If you had as many dollars as you did lifetime keystrokes, you’d be a billionaire.
9) You have seen more than your fair share of cat memes.
10) You know what the word meme means.
I hope that you enjoyed reading these as much as I did writing them. I know #10 was kind of anti-climatic. I feel like I kind of robbed you a bit, so here is a bonus one.
11) Despite all your efforts, your online persona is way cooler than your actual self.
Not that I’m not cool….people like me…they just don’t like to stand near me…or have actual conversations with me. I’m so lonely….lol